Juice fasting isn’t cleansing. Its fasting. Fasting isn’t really healthy unless you’re overweight or unhealthy. The purpose of a cleanse is to rid your body of the toxic “foods” people eat. This includes: salt, sugar, vinegar, yeast, alcohol. And for most people, animal products as well. Traditional Yogi fasts also prohibit onion, garlic and peppers as they is too stimulating to the senses. I agree. They make me hyper and super hungry so for a peaceful, pure cleanse eliminate them as well.
1. Eat all the fruits and vegetables you want plus all the raw nuts and seeds as well. Eat plain or season with only lemon juice, organic canola or safflower oil, pepper, stevia leaf powder and herbs. No hot spices.
2. Add 1-3 cups raw oats daily if desired.
3. Drink only filtered or plain distilled water, fresh squeezed juice, and herbal tea or decaf tea with a salt and sugar free plant based milk and stevia leaf powder. Drink at least 4-6 full glasses of water a day. Your diet will provide the rest.
4. Eat oats with fresh squeezed orange juice or a salt and sugar free soy or nut milk. (Its hard to find but don’t settle for less or make your own). You don’t have to cook rolled oats or even soak them overnight. Top with fruit and nuts, and sweeten with organic applesauce, chia jam, peanut butter, banana and/or stevia leaf powder.
5. Relax and enjoy the natural flavours and goodness. Make eating a peaceful time and enjoy the break.
6. You will be training your tastebuds to a healthier , more natural diet so even if you are craving salt, sugar and spiciness stick to it.
7. Follow this cleanse for 3-7 days.